Option for latest videos

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sameer

sameer

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

I was feeling lack of option for latest videos , images or sound.

every time visitor come to site  he will see the same old feature things and might be frustrated.

well i was thinking there must be some option for latest content on home page.

after 100s of video uploaded , there is difficult to make more videos as feature and to bring them in top as they are

in alphabatically  order.

main problem is that if you make new feature content than it might be not on the top , it must be come on top

now everytime i have to make all content unfeature and make new content as feature ..... that is becoming awkward for me .

#2 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

On the Homepage, next to Featured Videos/Photos/Audios you have option to switch to Most Viewed and Top Rated.

If you edit some of the files, you can add an option for Latest Videos there. You can even make it the default option instead of Featured Videos.

#3 sameer

sameer

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

which of the files i have to edit ... please help me

i just want to show latest videos by default ,instead of feature videos.  and is there any simple to display 2 or 3 rows by default

instead of clicking + button.

#4 alexstorm

alexstorm

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

I've modified a Clip-Share site to allow for complete admin control of the Featured videos using a ranking option.  The admin could go in and rank any videos to the top of featured, even if they are from 6 months ago.   To make it work, you need to add a ranking column to the videos table and change the select query sorting to ORDER BY Rank if values are listed.  By default videos all get a middle rank.  Then the admin interface needs to have controls set up in the video area to sort by featured and then have a rank pull down option.  I thought it was quite nice but it was rarely used by the site owner.

#5 sameer

sameer

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

if you can see in inner page like videos , in that page videos are already in latest videos mode .....

but i am unable to find query for home featuered videos .

can anyone help .............

#6 alexstorm

alexstorm

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

I don't have Media Share code.  I've only modified Clip Share.

Search the code for the Span ID.  You can't search for title names, because they are pulled from the language files.

Search for this:

span id="mmh1hp2" class="act"

You are looking for select query that has ORDER BY Featured desc

If I had the code, I could find it.

#7 SayD1984

SayD1984

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:46 AM

Did you found a solution for this option? I would like to add a "Latest Videos" section beneath the featured videos section.

#8 sameer

sameer

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

still not...

#9 alexstorm

alexstorm

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

ATTENTION:  This is a custom example and WILL NOT work with your installation.

====================================================================

I am sure I can help.  I don't have the code for Media Share Suite.  The working solution I have is for Clip-Share.  

A select query in PHP that would pull the featured videos in the old version would look like this:

index.php

$sql                = "SELECT v.*, s.username FROM video AS v, signup AS s
                       WHERE v.type = 'public' AND v.featured = 'yes' AND v.UID = s.UID" .$approv. " ORDER BY v.frank, v.addtime DESC LIMIT " .$limit;
$rs                 = $conn->execute($sql);
$featuredvideos     = $rs->getrows();

frank = This custom mod included adding a new column added to the dbase for featured rank.  (Remove v.frank, to remove this extra feature from the above query example.)

With this extra entry in the dbase, Siteadmin can have complete control over video by video over what appears first.  Each video has 256 ranking values, so you give the siteadmin custom extra feature to adjust this by custom code modification in siteadmin php and templates.

===

If you want to hard code alpha or date desc into the query, you could just change it to include ORDER BY adddate DESC, or ORDER BY title ASC.

If you want to give the user the option to reorder the Feature list, then you need to make the area for the ORDER BY text inside the query to be a variable and let the user click sort links that update that variable by changing templates code.

I don't really want to put up too much code, because it's not for the correct version.  There is also something to be said about keeping the options simple, so perhaps just making it one way, is best without giving the user more sort options.  PM me if you have questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users