• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sameer

sameer

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hello ,

With respect to SEO , sitemap play very important role ,  i have checked that all the things need for videos sitemap is already there

but unfortunately there is no auto generated xml sitemap .

just like wordpress , joomla etc there are many plugins which can create xml sitemap and extend new links so please also add this feature ,

At the time of uploading if the video uploaded successfully then it must be added in xml file. i am sure that is not a big deal for you .

#2 alexstorm

alexstorm

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

There is a sitemap generator mod available at http://www.nuevolab.com/scripts/

I've used it and modified a copy to work with the older version of Media Share Suite.  I had thought to post the whole sitemap generator here, but I realized that the original was work from Nuevolab and they still sell it.  Try checking with them first.  Once I tweaked a version of that mod, to eliminate all sorts of bad characters with some if functions, it cleaned up nicely.

Here are some of my custom if function clean up str_replace that I put inside the Sitemap Generator Mod.

if(strlen($vid['title'])>0) {
    $title2=xml_utf8_encode($vid['title']);
	$title = str_replace(array("\n", "\r", "\t", ":", "\"", ";","&amp","&quot","#","!","@","$","&", '0', '-'),' ', $title2);
    $title=truncate(strip_tags($title,100));  
  }
  if(strlen($vid['description'])>0) {
	$desc2 = xml_utf8_encode(strip_tags($vid['description']));
	$desc = str_replace(array("\n", "\r", "\t", ":", "\"", ";","&amp","&quot","#","!","@","$","&", '0', '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8', '9', '-'),' ', $desc2);
	$desc = truncate($desc,150);
  }

Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users