Bulletin board integration

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 baddon250

baddon250

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:21 AM

You guys should find a good bulletin board script and integrate it with the mediashare. I would definitely get a lot of use from something like that and It would increase SEO as well.

I hear phpBB is pretty good, but I trust your judgement.

Ive been working with Mediashare and so far so good. Its very workable, and I like how you seperated the images page from the videos page for individual customization.

Its a little consuming at first but im getting pretty familiarized with the layout.

I would like to add a bulletin section to my site but my php knowledge is just good enough to limp me through each project.

#2 alexstorm

alexstorm

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

I just put a comment in another forum page about this:  http://community.med...8-blog-feature/

Try putting a link in the template for the video player.  Add the video ID and title variable in the URL link to a blog something like this:

www.myvideosite.com/myvideoblog/post/videos/item=12345?title=This_is_my_video_title

Whatever is needed to get the user directly to a new or existing blog entry on This_is_my_video_title inside your blog software.  The blog software has to let you do this. So that may need to be tweaked as well.

Put the link inside the video player page and then you can open a new window or tab that goes directly to the blog about that video.

Better yet, ask users what they want before you code.  Often you are surprised that they want something much simpler than you think. 

Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users